Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
website with pics to help me id a tree please

Posted by sandi_w 7b/8 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 10:21

Could someone please point me to a website with pics to help me id 4 trees growing in my yard? Maybe a site with a search feature to help me narrow it down? Like, no bark, small leaves, multiple trunks. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: website with pics to help me id a tree please

if you have pix technology.. you have found the site ...

link below of how to post pix ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Ken, I'm in MS and my camera software is in another state so no pics yet. Thank you.

o

Most cameras are plug and play these days. You might be able to just plug it in to a computer and then go to "My Computer" and look for your camera.

Just a thought..

John

o
It worked!

My camera is so old I didn't think my comp would recognize it without the installion software, but it did.

I hope these pics are good enough. The leaves are no bigger round than my thumb.
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Crape myrtle.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 14:42

Yep.

o

Thank you both. I feel silly not knowing a crape myrtle. I bought this house late last August and thinking back now remember that the foliage was a beautiful deep orange-red. I didn't realize they got so tall. These must be about 30' tall. I can't wait to see what color blooms they have. Thank you both again.

o

well there you go.. an ID.. and now a camera that is hooked to the web ... life is good ...

and you said it couldnt be done ... lol .. o ye of little faith ...

lol

ken

o
Life is Good

Ken, an ID.. and now a camera that is hooked to the web ... life is good ... I totally agree! And thrilled to have 4 Crape Myrtle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here