Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaning Arborvitae

Posted by gailhatch none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 12:23

We have 3 large 10-12ft arborvitae that have started to lean with all the storms that have blown through over the recent months. Could someone please recommend a way that we can straighten and then brace them so that we do not loose them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaning Arborvitae

impossible w/o a picture ....

it may be time.. to start planning.. and planting replacements.. as any cure.. most likely .... will be short lived ....

so my best suggestion.. w/o a pic is.. do both..

now get us a pic.. so we can brainstorm ideas to fix these.. while the others grow ...

ken

o

We need at least a picture or two AND (unless the picture shows clearly) we need to know if the rootball has shifted or if the trunk is bent/broken.

This post was edited by brandon7 on Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 19:49

o

Gail, how long have they been in the ground?

Mostly I figure it is the nature of the beast unless they are recent transplants or you had a once in 50 years weather event.

o

see!!!! .. my presumption.. in that they grow a foot a year or so.. is that they have been there for 10 years.. and the situation is probably terminal ...

hence the pic request ... and more info ....

apparently... we as a group.. are bipolar.. lol ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here