Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plum tree?

Posted by MHalsey61 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 12:45

The tree blossomed in early March and the 2 late freezes killed off the bloom. Is there a way to force a second bloom without harming the tree?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plum tree?

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 23:22

Better luck next year.

o

nope ...

there was the year i had no lilac boom on 10 plants ...

no magnolia bloom on 3 plants.. a different year ...

the year i had no apples ... a different bad year ... that wasnt that bad ... lol ..

and i almost never get the apricot to fruit ...

it all depends on the timing of the bloom.. and the day of the event .. as to which type of plant get hit ....

its not all that rare.. in cooler zones ...

it makes next year.. that much better ... or so i tell myself.... lol..

ken

o

Thanks, I will work on a way to protect the blossoms next year if it looks like freezes or late spring frosts. That is the bummer part of living right on the edge of zone 8 and 7. My sisters has great crops most years and I get fruit every other year. At least my Pear tree blossomed later. Now to survive the Texas Summer and water issues.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here