Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaylanw_gw

'Tibouchina' Rescue

kaylanw
10 years ago

I purchased a tibouchina tree from Old Time Pottery about 5 days ago. It was discounted to $1 and was clearly very dried out, as were most of their plants. I am new to gardening and decided to buy it to see if I could save it. When I researched tibouchinas I got really excited because they look so beautiful but I'm not sure what my next steps should be. The soil was completely dried out so Wednesday night I watered it until water ran out the drain holes. I repeated this on Thursday night. It has since retained its water the soil is moist but not too soggy. I have it placed to the side of an east-facing window so that it gets some light but not an overwhelming amount. My concern is that it still looks very "dusty"/muted in color. Since I bought it, there are several buds that look to me like they are ready to emerge but there has been no blooming yet. I guess my main question is should I wait and see if it blooms or should I prune it back so that new growth/buds will grow. Thanks for any information you can give me!

Comments (2)