Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper tree 2/3rds dead

Posted by JoyMT57 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 19:29

Arizona has been in a prolonged drought. That being said, I've taken care to drip or irrigate my trees. However, along with this drought we have also had insane heat. Month's with 100+ degree temps. Our native foliage has fared fairly well. But most other plants and trees have not. Looking throughout my neighborhood and the city I have noticed many dead trees. My pepper tree literally showed burning signs last summer on the side facing west. This spring there are leaf buds on the east side. But the bark is peeling off the trunk of the tree. The rest of the tree and branches are dead. The tree itself is 30 yrs old. Can it be saved?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper tree 2/3rds dead

is there any chance at some pictures???

its technically.. still winter ... even in your zone..

only time will tell what is alive.. and what is dead ...

you would prune off all the dead stuff .... the rest could survive a long time ...

but it will probably come down to whether you can stand looking at it in some bizarre shape ...

if you want some real opinion as to its status.. we have to see it ...

ken

o
RE: Pepper tree 2/3rds dead

I'm sending a picture of the Pepper tree I'm losing. :-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here