Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Tree is sick

Posted by JFiore 49001 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 20:28

Hi there,
My tree is sick. It has discolored pale park all over, and in some areas it is soft to the touch and has a green tint. there are a few places where a green mucous-like liquid is visible. for instance, it is accumulated in a knot in the tree. some of the bark has stripped off the trunk in one area, and several branches have fallen off. I have pictures and will be happy to email them or post them here if I can. Does anyone know what is wrong or what I can do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Tree is sick

Pictures are necessary for any accurate diagnosis.
An easy way to post them is to open a free account at Photobucket.com. Upload your pictures there. Click on the HTML line (third line beneath your picture in Photobucket when you hold the cursor over your picture) and it should say "copied", then paste here [this gardenweb forum] in the message area - not in a link [You can paste multiple pictures regardless of size and you won't see the picture, but only computer lingo until you click on "Preview Message" below]. You will be able to post pictures on any other forum, too. After pasting your photos here [this gardenweb forum], you should see them when you hit "Preview Message" before you actually post the message.
hortster

o

link below to what horts was trying to explain ...

first we need to know where you are..

then we need to ID the tree..

then we need to see the problem ...

but short of that.. it doesnt sound good

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Pictures needed... but just based on the limited description... I sense a Star Trek line coming on...

"She's dead, Jim"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here