Premier Mail Order Nursery

Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 20:39

Western Evergreen

This post was edited by whaas on Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 9:53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Premier Mail Order Nursery

You might want to add your comments to Garden Watchdog.

o

you might also want to tell us what you got ...

you are a tease.. lol

ken

o

Looks like two beech trees on the left?
Maybe a japanese maple far right?

Wild guess!
J

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (NW) (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 12:35

Oops, didn't think anybody would care about the actual plants names. But here you go from left to right.

Fagus 'Red Obelisk' aka 'Rohan Obelisk'
Fagus 'Mercedes'
Cornus 'Summer Gold'
Hydrangea 'Dharuma'

o

Thanks for the fine review Whaas.

There are a million internet companies and wether I am ordering air suspension parts or model trains or trees I figure the least I should do is check for reviews from reputable members of the appropriate forum.

o

Glad you posted; I decided to trust your impression & put in an order for a small tricolor beech. I'd been trying to think of a special tree to plant to commemorate the birth of a little girl 3-6-13, and I think for what I've got in mind this is a good choice. Hope they send a good one!

Richard.

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 9:22

No doubt the best roots and soil media I've ever seen. Credit needs to be given where due.

Congrats on the new addition! One of life's most precious gifts.
I have another one on the way this summer. My daughter (almost 3) takes a liking to plants occasionally and points out a tree for each member in the family...including the cat and dog, lol.

Damn, is spring here yet? Its only cracked 40 degrees this month and won't see it again over the next 10 day forecast! Need at least 3 weeks to thaw and dry the soil yet.

o

Well, if they impress you and Arktrees (from another topic), they must be pretty darn good!

o

I ordered from them last fall, and the roots on what I got was great. Yes a bit more pricey, but allot of what they have your just not going to find otherwise anyway. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and that was the case with Broken Arrow for me. MUCH MUCH better than a certain online outfit that so many people rave about, that just don't #E$%$% cut it as far as I'm concerned. At this point I give them my complete recommendation.

And Jon, just because I expect them to hold up their end of the deal I'm suddenly difficult....... ;-)

Arktrees

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here