Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Blackjack Oak

Posted by Potawatomi13 none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 9, 11 at 6:09

I chanced across this forum while looking for anyone selling Blackjack Oak(Quercus marilandica)or some viable acorns to grow them from. So far I have had no positive results but there was a list of posts here from someone seeking the same tree a few years back.
Please can any one give me a source or sources to contact for seedlings or acorns. I will follow up all leads and many thanks for ANY help.
Bill Kohler
Potawatomi13@hotmail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Blackjack Oak

Oikos Tree Crops has them. They also sell many other rare plus hybrid oaks.

o

Sorry, I thought oikos had them but I guess they dont. Still a nice place to check out. Shooting star nursery is actually the one that has them click on the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shooting Star Nursery

o

I am curious why you want to grown them. Indulge me if you care to :)

Also I have ordered a few things from SSN. Very nice people to talk to and they shipped my trees very fast.

o

I recieved acorns last fall from someone on here and I can't remember who. They were sent along with Quercus imbricaria seed. I can look to find this info but I don't know if it would be worth it to you unless you can't find the tree for sale, being that you'll have to wait til next fall for the acorns. My seeds haven't emerged yet and probably won't til May. If I have extras and you can wait til fall I can try to keep an extra for you.

o

It was gardener365 that sent me the blackjack oak acorns, I dug around in the archives.

o

Bill, you've got email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here