Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethsarah_gw

cherry blossom varieties

elizabethsarah
10 years ago

I have always had fun researching varieties of plants until now! I am looking to buy 2 varieties and learned the definite type of one....the kwanzan, for it's big blooms and coppery leaves.

the other that I'm having trouble with is the weeping. I know I want the pink one and not the white one. But now I have come across the option for single or double bloom. The pictures look the same to me and when I research them, I don't find anything! How do I know what I'm getting and how do I choose?

Slightly off topic, I was also hoping to learn how a tree will mature in shape. I know it will take many many years, however when looking at mature trees, I love some shapes but dislike others. Is there a way to train it? Is it important to pick while young? For the weeping, I love when the top has different heights cascading rather than a flat umbrella top. And for the Kwanzan I love a short main trunk with large limbs that start just a couple feet off the ground, rather than a long main trunk with the limbs starting at the same height creating a pretty uniform "ball."

Comments (3)