Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did this tree make it through winter? Pics

Posted by lindsroc Ma (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 8:12

We planted this last summer. We bought it at Home Depot, it said it was an eastern redbud. I do not see any buds forming, but I did scratch some of the bark and it is green. Is this dead, or on its way out? If so, can it be saved? Or do these normally leaf out later in the season? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did this tree make it through winter? Pics

Another view....

o

A younger one in my yard obviously is coming to life. The old ine and the one in the shade not yet.

I bet since you have green it will be fine. A couple weeks will tell though!

o

first.. figure out how to post upright..

and if you did.. say so.. and i will send it to GW.. i wish they would fix this issue ....

next.. my z5 ground is still frozen in spots ..... way to early to come to any conclusions on death.. give it .. AT LEAST.. another month ... toronados St L z6 .. may as well be mars.. lol ... though the zone is close.. its how far south he is ..... his min winter temp is close to us.. but spring comes much earlier for them ... if their soil freezes at all ....

redbud flowers early.. but leaf out a few weeks later ...

way to early to tell...

and.. we dont plant leafed out trees in SUMMER .... but we will teach you that in the other post..

and if it was a late summer bargain .. well.. most arent.. a bargain ....

if this is a warranty issue.. you didnt state such ...

i am waiting for a reply on the other post... lol

ken

o

Maybe. Take that bamboo off today. Better yet, 4 months ago.

o

Ken... It was upright when i posted!!! lol. Last time they were upside down, now they are sideways. What is going on?

And ok on the bamboo :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here