Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skyrocket Juniper insect/spider problem

Posted by lexis.scofield TX (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 11 at 10:39

So i had brought some skyrocket juniper from the nursery last week and today i finally have time to take a look at them and discover 2 of them have hundreds of white sac on the foliage. i don't know what kind of insect are they, they're brownish red in this stage. And couple of larger harder sac on the trunk and i suspect it is spider since i remove those bigger sac and then there's spider creeping around.

I would like to know how to treat these juniper from all these little creatures? Is there a good way to kill them now and repel them away?

i'm so frustrate to see the skyrocket are full of these insect.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skyrocket Juniper insect/spider problem

Might have bag worms - which can hit all conifers pretty hard. Bagworms should be large enough to pick off by hand. You have pictures of this?

o

why arent you simply returning them ..

who provides infected stock ... and wont stand up and replace them????

you might want to call your local county Ag or extension office and tell them about the business selling infected stock ...

welcome to GW ....

ken

o

[I]'m so frustrate[d] to see the skyrocket[s] are full of these insect[s].

I'd be frustrated as well to expend energy to haul the plants back and get a refund. What a waste of time and energy and pollution into the airfill.

Dan

o

I don't have a good picture of those little creature and i remove some of them thinking they will soon develop into something scary. I might made a mistake by removing them as i can't have enough proof of how bad it infected the plant to the nursery i brought.

It is a local nursery not the franchise one so i ain't sure if they gonna accept return.

I already suspect something on the juniper as i saw lots of "new insects" flying and creeping around but am too busy to notice that. Learn my mistake this time as i should check it throughly when i brought them.

i special order them from a nursery which it took me little bit more than an hour to go. Urgh.

It made me feel itchy even look at that right now.

Thank you for all the replies, Mercurius, Ken and Dan!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here