Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilac bush

Posted by newhomeownerNY none (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 12:22

I want to plant lilac bushes behind a fence on my property. What size pot should I buy to get flowering quickly (I know some take 5 years) and still not dent the budget too badly. Looking at planting 4 lilacs at 12/15feet in between. Thanks! Z5b

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilac bush

its a flowering shrub ... there is such a forum.. but no need to go repost it ...

buy the most expensive you are willing to buy.. and wing it ... they either bloom next year.. or they dont ... no way for us to know ...

is the other side of the fence.. your property???

if they are blooming in the pot.. as you buy them... they should bloom next year .. IF properly planted.. and with proper aftercare ...

i got all of my dozen lilacs for free ..... by knocking on doors and asking to dig a sucker.. with that price ... none... i didnt care how long it took to bloom ...

ken

o
RE: Lilac bush

Thanks, Ken! Sorry about posting to the wrong board. Yes. The other side of the fence is our property. We have a very steep drop 6-8 ft from fence and want to try and keep my children from trying to climb the fence with chicken wire attached to it and lilacs in the back. Phase 2-next year will be planting in front of the fence to further restrict climbing and rolling down slope.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here