Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it too late to transplant some Arbs?

Posted by BarnAnimals 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 13:06

Is it too late to transplant 6ft local nursery container grown Emerald Green Arbs into the ground? I am in Maryland. The site is full sun and easy to reach with a hose for watering as needed. I don't want to be on the line with timing. If it's at the tail end of the right time, I will wait until September. Thank you for your advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it too late to transplant some Arbs?

I wouldn't hesitate, but that's me.
If you plant and water correctly they'll be fine.
Despite the crazy weather it is still April, after all.

o

I agree with cearbhaill...in fact i just planted a few!

o

timing is MOSTLY everything ...

but if water is available.. and you have a finger to insert.. and the ability to monitor it..

and the fact that arb is not all that foo foo..

go for it ...

just never let it totally dry .. thru out the root mass all summer ... especially july/august ... [but let it NEAR dry]

ken

o

BA, the beauty of container-grown stock is that it can be planted any time the soil is workable. There are some problems with container-grown stock too, but none that would preclude your planting of these trees today, or some time in July, for that matter.

+oM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here