Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are some good plants to put with Jane magnolia

Posted by msivala 6A (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 16:54

Hi, I just bought a jane magnolia for a new bed I just made. I also put a pink shrub rose in it. What other shrubs/perennials etc., would make good planting companions in the bed?
Thanks
Madhu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are some good plants to put with Jane magnolia

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 17:36

Ones with blue flowers that are out as the same time that the magnolia or the rose are in bloom. If there are blue bulbs such as squills or bluebells that grow well there this could combine with the magnolia.

o

Virginia bluebells would be a good blue compliment, especially given the fact that the blossoms change color from purple buds to blue flowers which age finally to pink.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 23:40

After I posted I thought of that one also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here