Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I move it?

Posted by micaela75 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 17:18

I have two rose of sharon trees next to where the stairs are for the basement. I believe the roots of the rose of sharon are pushing the cinder blocks out. Would it be ok to move the rose of sharons or not. If it is ok how would I get the roots of it out. Where would the best place to replant them be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I move it?

Depending on where you live, ROS can be weedy pests. If they are bothering you - or the steps - by all means, get rid of them. Moving them may not be a very practical or viable option depending on how big they are. Personally, I would not hesitate to get rid of them and opt for something else more manageable and more attractive.

Sometimes it is hard to accept but just because a plant currently exists in your garden, it does not mean it has to do so forever. If in the wrong place, too large, too problematic or just not your cup of tea, you should never feel guilty about removing and replacing with something more suited to your needs.

o
RE: Should I move it?

i would suggest your cinder block wall is failing all on its own ...

i wouldnt bother spending blood sweat and tears moving a plant i could buy for ten bucks..

kill them both ...

and then have the wall fixed ... with retaining wall blocks ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here