Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadysite

Share bundles from Maryland State Nursery/MD residents only

shadysite
10 years ago

I have gotten the one-year seedling catalog from the state nursery in southern Maryland and am interested in buying red osier dogwood, spicebush, and possibly red and black chokeberry (aronia) from them. However, seedlings are only sold in lots of 25 for .85 each. I want these to plant in a buffer zone along the Severna River and in our damp and shady back yard in Chevy Chase.

ALL state nursery trees have to be planted in MARYLAND for conservation, wildlife habitat, and watershed, soil, or windbreak protection.

I could use at most 5-10 of each of these bundles of seedlings. Is there anyone in the area of Maryland close to North West DC (Silver Spring, Chevy Chase, Wheaton, Friendship Heights, Bethesda, Potomac, etc.) who would like to go in with me on splitting some of these bundles? I could use at most ten of each bundle. I was told by the nursery that we could split them among Maryland residents in the same general area in order to improve conservation regionally.

I could send by email the catalog and list of available inventory from last week to anyone who is interested. HOWEVER, the nursery man warned me that 25 may seem like a lot to me, but people order them in thousands! Think Christmas tree market or conservation areas on the Maryland rivers.

I hope to do this by April 15 at latest. Thanks!

Lisa