Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evergreen Pear

Posted by dbusboom 9 (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 2:23

Hi, so I'm having an Evergreen Pear delivered and planted tomorrow. 15g. I was specific when asking for a medium height tree with non evasive roots for shade in my small backyard. It will be approx 3 feet from my center block fence and 4-5+ feet from my house. Am I making a bad choice. I live in Queen Creek Arizona where it get's hot and good shade trees are not the messy Palo Verde or the Brazilian Nut and or the Texas Ebony and Chinese Pistach. All are Ugly and messy. I wanted an actual tree that smelled amazing UNLIKE the Bradford which I've heard horror stories about. I love any and all feed back just place nice in the sandbox is all I ask. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evergreen Pear

Did you research the specifics of the tree in regards to height and spread? What is the species?

o
RE: Evergreen Pear

I apologize for the delay of my answer to your very valid question. Today has been my first true day off from work since the trees were planted.

The Evergreen Pear aka Flowering Pear species is Pyrus Kawakamii. I did do extensive research and was told that the tree would only get MAX 15-18ft tall and max spread of 20ft which is able to be managed and pruned for a smaller umbrella since it's a mushroom shape umbrella. I spoke with several nursery and horticulturist regarding the size. So, now I'm just worried about the root system not the branches. Geez, I don't know what I'm worried about. Now I know why people hire landscapers and landscape designers to make these choices for them. This is stressful. I just did not want to end up with a Palo Verde or Brazilan Pepper tree. They are so common and just not attractive. I wanted thick rich color and some genuine change with the seasons.

Thanks for your help. I"ll post a pic of it tomorrow. Fingers Crossed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here