Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something wrong with this tree?

Posted by payne.kj 6 (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 8:39

I am way out of my realm on anything gardening or tree related, but the tree in the picture I've attached doesn't look very healthy. Is there something wrong with it and if so, what can I do to help it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something wrong with this tree?

Here's another picture of it.

o

what are you seeing that is the issue.. bark changing color and form???

i cant see holes from borers.. do you??

i dont see resin leaking ..

and i dont see any needles or needle loss ... unless you are still loading pix ...

usually i am saying.. give me a pic.. instead.. this time .. i am asking.. what you think is wrong ..???

with a needle pic.. we might also get an ID... which would help us define what is normal for this pine... a pic of an old cone might work also ...

ken

o

From the photos you showed us, you have a normal Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris). If you want our opinion on its health, you'll need to show us more than just the trunk.

o

My concern was the ugly looking discolored thin bark that sheds very easily. Now that I know it's a Scots Pine, I did a little research and that is normal for this type of tree. This coloring runs most of the way up the tree and it just didn't look normal to me. Thanks for your help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here