Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Weather Channel says most of us will have a chilly Summer

Posted by ilovemytrees 5b/6a Western, NY (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 14 at 9:16

Isn't that just great? After the Winter we've had, you'd think Mother Nature would cut us a break, but apparently not.

Here is a link that might be useful: Weather.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Weather Channel says most of us will have a chilly Summer

cool weather will be relief for the plants... after two years of intense heat and drought ...

i think you are ... carp ... blanked out ... let me find the thesaurus... lucky.. she was sitting in the kitchen having lunch.. lol ...

Anthropomorphism

though you might not like a cool summer.. the plants will enjoy it .... more moisture.. less evaporation... cool nights to recover from a hot day ... etc ..

be the plant .... not the peep who will be out looking at the plants ...

have a great day ...

ken

ps: i am giving myself a gold star for the word with the most syllables used today on GW ... lol ...

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Well, if it's better for the plants, then that's okay with me.

Look, I don't want it steaming hot this summer, and certainly not with droughts and such. But 75-80 temps, with normal rainfall? That would be heaven...

o

It's been a blissfully cool Spring down here in Texas, if we get a cool summer (under 100 lol) it'll be so welcome by plants, animals and peoples - we have just roasted the past 5 years.

And I couldn't agree more, 75 - 80 with normal rainfall would be heavenly. :)

o

I would be estatic with our averages. Daily highs of 85-90 (depending upon the date), and average to somewhat above average rainfall would be EXCELLENT. As tough as it has been here since 2010 I know its been far worse elsewhere.

Arktrees

o

I really just want steady rainfall - not too much and not too little. Seems we alternate between 6 weeks with almost NO rain, and 3 weeks where the rain won't stop - making everything look "average" in the end, but anything but on a day to day basis.

o

• Posted by beng z6 western MD (My Page) on
    Mon, May 5, 14 at 17:55

If weather patterns continue w/a mostly NW flow, it prb'ly will be. However, most often that means a dry summer here. Rain would be shunted toward the west where the Gulf moisture flows north, then curving along the US/Canadian border where the westerly jet stream is.

o

Well, a dry, COOL summer isn't as bad as a dry, HOT one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here