Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree removal

Posted by stewjen Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 9:22

I live in Ohio and just had 5 trees removed. I opted to have the trunks left for my own personal use.

I was hoping that you could look at the pictures of the way the peices were stacked and give me an idea of if this is a "norm."
I feel like they were left in a very unsafe and neglegent manner, especially considering they knew full well that we would need to cut them up.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree removal

More pictures

o

Seem all right to me, they are easier to cut when stacked loosely

o

Wow. That is a bit of a project. I have had parts of one tree left for me. It was a pile 1/5 that size I suppose and just by being smaller only slightly more organized.

What is the diameter of what you had left, 18 to 36 inches? I gave away some huge chucks of ash trunk to some fella who heats his home with wood and used the rest for stools and bonfire wood. I also fine it interesting to see how rot travels down trunks and the like so it was fun. Bent the shucks out of a dolly though moving some of my pieces around.

o

They did you a favor by putting as many as possible up off the ground. Easier to cut up and keep the saw out of the dirt. Be careful though! Not for someone who is not used to a chainsaw.
I use a pile of woodchips to put the logs on to cut up when I can.
Mike

o

I agree with the other posters.

o

Wow. That is a bit of a project. I have had parts of one tree left for me. It was a pile 1/5 that size I suppose and just by being smaller only slightly more organized.

What is the diameter of what you had left, 18 to 36 inches? I gave away some huge chucks of ash trunk to some fella who heats his home with wood and used the rest for stools and bonfire wood. I also fine it interesting to see how rot travels down trunks and the like so it was fun. Bent the shucks out of a dolly though moving some of my pieces around.

o

Those are some awfully healthy looking trunks. Yeah........this is actually better than usual. As said, you're looking at some respectable diameters....be careful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here