Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is my pomegranate dead?

Posted by novicegreen1 central TX (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 10:29

some of the bark dried and peeling, but green shoots coming up from center. most of tree looks dead to me except some buds starting on few of the branches... what should i do? is it supposed to look like this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is my pomegranate dead?

The plant is not dead at all, but the leafless shoots and branches are. Cut the dead branches off about an inch or two from ground level (or as low as you can without damaging the live shoots). The plant will grow back to it's original size in no time. You may want to keep the number of trunks limited to three or four, or, let it grow as it is now. The trunks will grow larger and will be easier to manage (weed around, remove dead trunks, etc) if there are fewer. Air flow will also be better and any pest problems might even be slightly reduced. But, you don't have to limit the trunks if you don't feel like doing the upkeep necessary to maintain that form.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here