Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are my trees being over-watered?

Posted by Harleygirl70706 Louisiana (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 10:30

I have just moved into a new house and planted 3 baby dogwood trees in my front yard at end of March. I would water my lawn everyday and they started producing beautiful leaves. But now all the leaves that are on them are now brown and feel soggy to the touch. Are they being over-watered? What should I do because lawn has to be watered due to new guess seeds that have been placed down? HELP!!#

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are my trees being over-watered?

looks like frost or freeze damage ..

any recollection of really cold nights since they leafed out???

whats your soil.. if clay.. watering might be an issue ...

were they leafed out when you planted them... there is also transplant shock .. or sunburn .. not hardened off properly ...

all you can do it see if they releaf .... and no.. fertilizer will not help a stressed plant ...

ken

o

No.. we waiting until all the cold weather had passed before planting them. As far as soil, it's a combination of dirt and clay.

o

• Posted by jqpublic 7b/8a Wake County NC (My Page) on
    Tue, May 13, 14 at 1:54

zoom out an take a picture of the whole tree so we can see how you planted it.

I'm thinking you could have planted a dormant dogwood around late Feb in LA, but I am not sure where in LA you are.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here