Waiting ...

jujujojo_gw
10 years ago

{{gwi:356436}}

This post was edited by jujujojo on Fri, May 3, 13 at 10:37

Comments (14)

• arktrees
    10 years ago

fooooooor theee worms........ (think Pink Floyd)

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

arktrees 6b NW Arkansas
    Think mouth-watering ...

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    10 years ago

Jujujojo....

What are ya waiting for?

Arktrees, that was hilarious. I actually love the second half of The Wall and that tune in particular.

• arktrees
    10 years ago

to take out the dead wood......

Glad you liked it toronado. Pink Floyd will always be my all time fav. Far to many nights spent listening to PF for it to be any other way.

As for the plant in the pic, I have NO CLUE. Just trying to drive some traffic to juju's thread. However I do note the flower structure has apparent similarities to Hibiscus and it's relatives. That may just be superficial however.

Arktrees

• flora_uk
    10 years ago

Is jujujojo asking for an id? I'm never quite sure with her posts.

If so it looks like a Persimmon flower to me. Waiting for fruit? Waiting for pollinators?

• lisanti07028
    10 years ago

For the Robert E.Lee? For Godot?

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by flora_uk SW UK 8/9 (My Page) on Sat, May 4, 13 at 5:17
    You are correct. Can you tell which Persimmon it is? Do you like the American persimmons better?

• flora_uk
    10 years ago

I have no idea about Persimmons - they don't grow here and I've rarely ever seen one growing. I am often mystified by your posts. I am never sure if you are genuinely seeking an id, testing us or just want to entertain. But the pictures are stunning.

• sam_md
    10 years ago

I know about Kaki persimmons. There is an orchard of them in my state. They produce delicious, large, sweet fruit with few seeds. My favorite is 'Saijo'. I also like the fact that they don't ripen all at once. Be forwarned, a tree heavily-laden with fruit can be completely stripped in one night if the four legged critters discover them.{{gwi:356437}}
    {{gwi:356438}}

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by sam_md z7 MD (My Page) on Sun, May 5, 13 at 12:40
    Sam, thank you very much for your lovely pictures. I love these too, but the fruits must be placed in a box with bananas, apples, etc for 3 days, correct?

In Wal-mart, they sell another kind of persimmons, do you know that kind? Thank you again for your wonderful trees.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I forget. In case you have a large quantity of them and you could not consume all at once ... you could make "sun dried persimmons". The taste somewhat like dates once dried - see image below:

{{gwi:356439}}

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Is it time to harvest?

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ersimmons are the edible fruit of a number of species of trees in the genus Diospyros. Persimmons are not popularly considered to be berries, but in terms of botanical morphology the fruit is in fact a berry.

It is a very fruity and really fruity pudding, very sweet and rich.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sam, please let me know your harvest this year :)