Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
outoftheblue_gw

can anyone help with dying maple?

outoftheblue
9 years ago

hello,

i am wondering if someone can help me save my dying maple tree. its about 40-50 ft tall. its been affected the last two years with an issue causing it to have less leaves, and they fall off early in the fall. this year it has almost no leaves, but there are some. they are small. i had an arborist by, and he said that there are too many trunks coming off the main trunk low down. at about 5 feet from the ground there are 4 or 5 good sized big branches coming off the main one. he said they are squeezing or choking the water supply to the rest of the tree, and it is slowly dying of its own size. He said there is a, liquid treatment he can put in the ground for $200 that might revive it, or just cut it down. i would love to keep it alive somehow.

im wondering if i can't just trim off a few of those big secondary branches and feed more water to the other areas. do you have any idea how this liquid treatment they are offering can help? it doesn't make sense to me, and i'm smelling a cheap suit with that whole idea.

any thoughts or help appreciated.

thanks alot!

Comments (10)