Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a great online nursery suggestion Please

Posted by nostalgicfarm 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 13:38

I have ordered a bunch of conifers from Carino Nurseries the last two years. This year, I was wanting to order a variety bunch of good sized (3-5') deciduous trees from them, but they retired this year. Their replacement company sells a lot of 6-12'' trees or bunches of 50 of the same tree.
Where would be a great online place with a good variety of trees that you can order in quantities of 1-10 with a good 3-5' height for under $10?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a great online nursery suggestion Please

May or may not fit your specs, but for a wide variety of species, at affordable costs, check out OIKOS Tree Crops.
Good selection of oaks, nut trees, and native fruiting trees, as well as other oddball stuff.

I've ordered various things from them for years. Mostly small, paper-pot-grown stuff, but have, in the past, bought some larger field-grown specimens. Some may be spindly when they arrive, but they bulk up and grow just fine - and the prices are reasonable.

Here is a link that might be useful: OIKOS

o

3 to 5 foot trees mail order???

for under 10 bucks..

these must be bare root??? yes???

if so.. isnt it a bit late to be contemplating such in your zone???

ken

o

Cold Stream Farms has some really cheap trees. I get them there all the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cold Stream Farms

o

Forest farm is my benchmark for quality unique trees.

Want a dozen generic redbuds and I start looking to Musser forests.

Does your state have a seedling program? Few years back I ordered a bunch of dogwoods from our DNR to practice grafting on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here