Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ornamental Cherry Shoot

Posted by brer Zone 7 (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 13:47

I have an absolutely beautiful ornamental cherry tree in my front yard.
Ove the winter, one of its largest roots got a shoot that is about 2 yards out from the trunk, and has grown exactly perpendicular, straight up, and is now over three feet tall.

Is there any way I could cut this out and make it into another tree for a friend, or would that be a bad idea?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ornamental Cherry Shoot

if your tree is a grafted named variety.. then the root shoot will not be what your tree is ...

so we would need an ID ...

ken

o
RE: Ornamental Cherry Shoot

Compare the leaves and see if it's the same, it really doesn't matter if not exactly the same, ornamental anyway. You could try to dig it out, sometimes suckers don't come out with much roots. I'd give it a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here