Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lemon Tree Leaves are Curling? Help!

Posted by cacjevans Southern California (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 07 at 13:50

My lemon tree is over 25 years old. My gardner trimed and cut it all back last year. Now it's finally growing again but has a lot of curly leaves throughout (looks like a disease of some sort). What can I do? Please help. Thank you kindly!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lemon Tree Leaves are Curling? Help!

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Mon, May 21, 07 at 2:53

You might want to visit the Citrus Forum for help.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/citrus/

What does "curling" mean? The leaves are rolled? If so. upward or downward.
The leaves look wadded up?
Or, something else.

Do you see any critters. Or off-color areas. If so, where?

Here is a link that might be useful: Citrus Forum

o
RE: Lemon Tree Leaves are Curling? Help!

If you can, try posting a photo, esp. on the Citrus Forum.

If you haven't found a new gardener, you might think about it! ;-) At the least, look up how and when to prune citrus trees, and stand over the gardener while s/he follows your directions.

That said, the apartment building I lived in in San Francisco for 10 yrs had a largish lemon tree in the back, cracked cement, courtyard, the care and usage of which "went" with the back apartment. At one time when the apartment was empty, the landlady's handyman/gardener came in and severely cut it back, pruning out all but about 4 branches, and cutting them back to stubs, in the process of "cleaning up" the rest of the rather overgrown plants and weeds back there. I thought the tree was a goner, but it came back, rather sparsely for a year, and then started producing very large lemons again. So the tree should come back, as long as the twisted leaves aren't the sign of a disease or serious bug infestation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here