Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
monkey puzzle tree repotting?

Posted by mushibu10 zone 8 (UK) (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 14 at 15:18

yelloh!!

so about two months ago I got a young monkey puzzle tree, in that time it's grown alot concidering how slow growing they're said to be. my question is what type and size of pot should I use? (I am due to move home at some point this summer but I don't know when)

I belive it's in a coconut shell and fiber based soil. should I pot it with more of the same?

I'm in southwest UK where they survive anytjing and the others in and out of town are just now producing their cones!

what about feeding?

any advice is welcome, I wish not to plant it into the ground anywhere.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: monkey puzzle tree repotting?

If you're moving soon I'm not sure why you think it needs repotting at all. It looks perfectly happy and I should think it would be fine in that pot until after the move.

o
RE: monkey puzzle tree repotting?

it's still in the pot it came in.

but what about the other questions? the feeding?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here