Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

The NYT says Mother Nature doesn't give a hoot about us.

ilovemytrees
9 years ago

Something to ponder as we plant this Spring....

Here is a link that might be useful: The NYT

Comments (6)

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    9 years ago

No more than she cares about the hundreds if baby sea turtles which get eaten between hatching and making it to the ocean.

This is kinda cynical but right down my alley. I think of Obamacare as the END of free socialized medicine for example lol.

• famartin
    9 years ago

"Mother Nature doesn't care about us" kinda reminds me of a monologue George Carlin once delivered about environmentalism... "The planet can take care of itself. Its fine. Its the PEOPLE who are F'd." ;)

• davidrt28 (zone 7)
    9 years ago

" I think of Obamacare as the END of free socialized medicine for example lol."

Yeah...exactly. I definitely see Europe, Canada, and the rest of the first world discontinuing their socialized medicine, because the tea party says Obamacare is unamerican. In other news, China will feel sorry for us and forgive all our debt to them, and the Middle East will decide Israel is so well run compared to other countries in the region that they deserve much more territory.

This post was edited by davidrt28 on Mon, May 5, 14 at 11:52

• lou_spicewood_tx
    9 years ago

David,

Tea Partiers are actually better educated on a lot of things compared to liberals... I've dealt with liberals and could not believe how little they know about anything.

• famartin
    9 years ago

now see, we're straying off topic here.

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    9 years ago

" " I think of Obamacare as the END of free socialized medicine for example lol."

Yeah...exactly. I definitely see Europe, Canada, and the rest of the first world discontinuing their socialized medicine, because the tea party says Obamacare is unamerican. In other news, China will feel sorry for us and forgive all our debt to them, and the Middle East will decide Israel is so well run compared to other countries in the region that they deserve much more territory. "

That is good. I have a love/hate relationship with the system of Romney and Obama but I think making everyone pay for insurance fixes the math for a few more years if done right.

Let me explain.

The OLD Reagan era system was the FREE socialized medicine. I have a bum friend who went in and had her gallbladder removed on your and my dime under that system. Was it life threatening? Not immediately. Is her credit hurt? For a few more years, but with that $10,000 she saved she can buy a car with cash lol.

Reagan, Nixon, Carter, they just couldn't tell that folks would demand insurance companies spend every last dime they had to keep them alive into their 80's. No one did anything about this treatment before payment system and we (me and you with money) just paid for everyone's free healthcare.

Now at least folks will be scared of filing a tax return if they don't have insurance.

I was at the auto repair shop today. If I can't afford to get my MarkVIII repaired I either have to do it myself or it dies. There is capitalism at work. Just like at the vet where hand me down equipment and lighter regulation still left my mother in law the choice of going bankrupt or watching her rat terrier die from a probably curable tumor.

Oh well.

But yeah, back to the topic. Mother nature doesn't care if you get cured or not. I more or less do. On my more cynical days I just don't want the poor people layin in the street waiting for Jesus to cure them uglyin' up my neighborhood and sharing their germs with me. Most days I recognize if I ever need some silly expensive genetic treatment myself I better help you pay for yours.