Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ruby Falls redbud Question

Posted by mainblaine456 5a (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 16:56

Has anyone grown a 'ruby falls' redbud in zone 5a? I bought it at the local home depot then got home and discovered some list is as only hardy to zone 6, anf others five. Which one is it?? I'm tired of nurseries selling so called hardy perennials/shrubs/trees that aren't hardy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ruby Falls redbud Question

i hear a lot of losses on the foo foo redbud this year in z5 MI .... for all but the old standard green one ...

are you willing to take the loss??? ... or are you challenged by zone pushing...

its all about your micro climate... and how it sited as to winter wind... and sun ...

after this winter.. i would return it... lol

ken

o
RE: Ruby Falls redbud Question

" local home depot "

Try shopping at a real nursery rather than a home improvement box store and chances are you will find plants better suited to your location.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here