Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

Help! 45 is our low but chance of Frost? Is that possible?

ilovemytrees
11 years ago

For some stupid reason, I was flipping channels and landed on the local public Access Channel 3 which has a synthesizer that gives a robotic weather report. It said "patchy frost tonight in low laying areas". I freaked out but my husband said no he said patchy fog in low laying areas, and I said no he didn't, so we listened to it again and then my husband agreed with me.

But there is NO frost warning on any local news channel of our's. What makes this worse is I took down all the tomato cages, and set ups we had to cover these trees thinking we had reached our last frost date, and I have about an hour of light left to put them back on and cover them all over again.

How bad is a frost at 45? Can the ground really reach 32 degrees with a 45 degree air temp 6 feet higher? I almost wish I had never put on that stupid channel, but my son was laughing at and mimicking the robot voice and being funny so I left it on. Unfortunately for me I heard it give the weather....

Why is weather.com or no one else saying patchy frost? I will be livid if I don't cover these trees and I wake up to snow white grass.

Comments (8)