Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ritmatt_gw

Exercise Return Policy on Redbud?

ritmatt
10 years ago

Approximately 8 weeks ago, I had a local nursery deliver and install a Forest Pansy Redbud in my yard. I selected this particular tree because it had a relatively uniform shape. It was about 2.5" in diameter, the root ball was wrapped in burlap, and it had not yet leafed out. The nursery used a hydraulic tree spade to dig a hole, they planted the tree, built up the soil to retain water, and tied it down with Arbortie to keep it from blowing over.

Several weeks later, once it started flowering, I noticed that a number of branches on one side of the tree were dead. Since then, one of my kids came along and broke most of the dead ones off, so they are no longer visible in these pictures. But, as you can see, the tree no longer has a uniform shape. Also, some of the leaves look wilted. And while I've never had a Forest Pansy redbud before, it seems more brown than purple.

Bottom line is that I'm not sure if the tree is healthy, or whether it's going to make it at all. The tree has a guarantee and the nursery has already agreed to come out to replace it, but I'm just not sure if I should hold them to the guarantee or wait a while longer to see if it survives and, perhaps, gains a nicer shape in a couple years. What do you think?

{{gwi:363838}}

{{gwi:363840}}

{{gwi:363842}}

Comments (6)