Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Peach Tree Leaf Disease?

Posted by bruderbell 8 (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 21:11

Hi,
I planted this peach tree this spring, late March. My soil is very much clay in my backyard, so maybe I missed the boat and should have dug a huge hole and amended the soil in a large radius. What I did do was dig the hole twice as wide as the pot, removed the tree from the pot, and put composted manure in to fill the hole around the tree root clump.

Some leaves on the tree look like the photo, but many leaves are just green and seem healthy. We haven't had a very wet spring, so I've watered it about once per week for maybe 15 minutes.

What ails my new tree, and what should I do to help it? Is this what an over-watered tree looks like?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Peach Tree Leaf Disease?

Here is a closeup of one of the suspect leaves.

o

there is a fruit forum ... never saw the hardcore there.. in this forum .. and spraying fruit trees is outside our expertise ...

it has transplant shock ... so its sacrificing a few leaves .. so what ...

NEVER amend a planting hole ...

you didnt dig a very wide hole .... does that mean the hole you dug was barely as big as the pot..??? .. and you just shoved the potting media into the clay ...

it has fruit.. and you just planted it this march??? .. usually takes my fruit trees a few years to fruit... but you bought bigger than i usually do ...

sorry but one leaf is not sufficient for a disease diagnosis ...

relax ... and do double check with the fruit peeps ...

ken

ps: 6 stakes.. eh???

o

I'll check out the fruit forum. We had severe weather (high winds) warning recently, so my wife insisted on lots of staking to save her baby...

Thanks

o

That really doesn't look all that bad to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here