Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eab found in st charles county mo

Posted by toronado3800 Z6 St. Louis (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 0:42

Well it is here. Guess sooner rather than later we will find out if this imidacloprid treatment will save my two white ash I am treating. I'll know I guess when those in the tree line die.

Tonight I was quizzing my friends. None really knew about any firewood transportation bans but one or two did know a billboard alongside the highway warning against it.

Well, here we go. Stupid arch grounds planting all Planetrees this time so they can have to replant when a green sycamore beetle pops up.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://extension.missouri.edu/news/DisplayStory.aspx?N=2236

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eab found in st charles county mo

welcome to our world... what did you expect ...??

them to be st louis bigots or something.. stopping at the city line???

ken

o

Lol.

It was more interesting, or a damnation of the transportation of firewood that had me watching eab leapfrog StLouis and hit the KC area and Colorado.

o

It'll be interesting to see how well EAB survives in the South. The Ash populations down here are so scattered, you can travel a hundred miles and not see a single one. I'm thinking they'll travel the path of the rivers (where green and pop ash thrive) and not venture too far out from there into the pine forests. Only time will tell I suppose.

o

Think of the dollar amount of damage to our forests and lumber industry and all done in the name of cheap imported goods. Knowing that our pests are out there infecting other ecosystems don't take any of the sting out of it either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here