Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tsip2000

wrong trees planted....should I keep them?

tsip2000
9 years ago

I live in Central Texas and we have hot dry summers and cold winters, lots of wind. Currently in drought conditions with once a week watering allowed. Potential to go to "no watering" allowed very soon. I just removed an old, high maintenance, high water requiring landscape and replaced it with native, drought resistant, low maintenance, feed the wildlife landscape. I need 2 trees (decidous) in my front yard. I wanted chinquapin oaks. I instead got Chinese pistachios. I know the pistachios have great fall color, which I like...but I've heard some complaints. They have been in place for 10 days, so aren't established yet. Should I switch them out? I would say yes since it is not what I wanted....but if people think the pistachios are a superior tree for my needs....I could keep it. I want shade in the summer, sun in the winter, like to feed the wildlife, needs to be able to survive on it's own. Needs to look somewhat good...in the front yard. Thank you in advance if you have experience or advice on these 2 trees.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living