Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tri color beech .. a few of this years pix

Posted by ken_adrian z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 9:48

well.. since you peeps have been talking about this one.. i figured a few recent pix should be offered ... trying to get a bit artsy fartsy with a common cannon ... whatever.. lol ..

in another post i said:

do you care what your tulips look like in august ... do you care what your mock orange looks like in late summer... etc.. etc ...

every plant has its prime season, and just collect enough plants.. that you have something new coming into its prime every other week or so ... so you have something fresh to look at .. and so you can forget about that which is past its prime for that season ...

===>>

if i got rid of every plant.. that did not look good all 12 months.. i would have 5 acres of pasture .. period .. [and that doesnt even look good all 12 months]

see link re: background music.. lol ..

ken

photo 20130518_3879.jpg

photo 20130518_3878.jpg

photo 20130518_3877.jpg

photo 20130518_3876.jpg

photo 20130518_3875.jpg

photo 20130518_3874.jpg

photo 20130518_3873.jpg

photo 20130518_3872.jpg

photo 20130518_3871.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Words-adapted from The Bible, book of Ecclesiastes Music-Pete Seeger To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time to be born, a time to die A time to plant, a time to reap A time to kill, a time to heal A time to laugh, a time to weep To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time to build up,a time to break down A time to dance, a time to mourn A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time of love, a time of hate A time of war, a time of peace A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven A time to gain, a time to lose A time to rend, a time to sew A time for love, a time for hate A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tri color beech .. a few of this years pix

Wow pretty much covers this tree. It's sure grown a lot from previous photos.
Cher

o

Thanks Ken, wonderful tree you have.

o

Ken, that is down right teriffic!

I am going to recommend everyone north of me try to grow one.

Now your choice of music....perhapse sonething from THIS century next time lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: Or at least some CCR

o

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 12:40

Thanks for the new pics!

o

Beautiful tree, Ken. Earlier this year, inspired by yours and after I believe it was Whass who spoke well of some plants with good root systems she got from Broken Arrow Nursery, I ordered a small one to commemorate the addition of our daughter to the family.

I hope hers grows up as beautifully as yours has.

Any idea how old your tree is?

Richard.

o

• Posted by jqpublic 7b/8a Wake County NC (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 3:28

The shots from underneath are stunning!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here