Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hairmetal4ever

Arbotect injection for Sycamore anthracnose?

hairmetal4ever
9 years ago

My neighbors have three very large Platanus occidentalis in their yard. When leafed out fully, they are gorgeous - however - most years they're moderately to severely affected with anthracnose. We discussed the trees once, and he knew I was a "tree guy" and asked if I knew why the trees often took so long to get leaves.

This year, they don't look too bad, and thankfully, none of them have been affected severely enough to have the "witch's broom" affect that some of them get.

I've read that Arbotect has a product that is an injectable, systemic fungicide to prevent anthracnose.

I wouldn't PLANT a straight P. occidentalis due to the anthracnose issue, but in a case like this, would it be worth suggesting the Arbotect fungicide injections? I'm not sure the cost, but since the trees are so large, it might be worth it.

The issue is shade/lack of. Most summers, by the time they've got enough of a canopy to provide decent shade, the hottest part of summer is over.

This year seems to be an exception - 2 of the three appear to have had no anthracnose at all, the third had some but has come along nicely and looks good now.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH