Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question for Ken please!

Posted by scanmike (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 10:41

Hi Ken,

I appreciate your help with my crepe myrtle. I just went out and cut the dead part of the branches down to about 4 -5 inches above where the leaves sprout out. In some cases the leaves sprouted out in three separate directions off the stem. I had to cut the limb off on the left side as nothing was growing on it. I am afraid to cut any lower down to the leaves because I don't want to ruin the look. Fearful of crepe murder! On the left side towards the rear of the tree you will see a few branches that are about 6 inches of no leaves, but below are the leaves branching out in 3 directions. Do I cut those branches lower?
 photo crepe2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question for Ken please!

I'm not Ken, but I already answered this question (before I saw this second thread) in the first thread about this subject. You may want to continue the discussion in the same (first) thread to reduce confusion and consolidate information for future readers. I will link the first thread below for more background information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Post

o
RE: Question for Ken please!

geez brandon... thats one of the most confusing answers you ever gave.. rotflmbo ....

but.. i agree with him ... lets keep it all in the original post ... add this pic, under my current answer

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here