Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong with this tree

Posted by miketropic 6B - 7 KY (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 16:09

I only had 4 or 5 trees when I got this property so I wanted to them all. I went out today and found the leaves on one of them looking like the pic. Almost the whole tree is like this. What caused it and will it kill it? I don't even know what kind of tree it is but I don't want to have to cut it down. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong with this tree

why dont you start with IDing the tree ...

and then find out what virus hits that tree

and then research from there ...

i had something similar on hack trees... very ornamental ... i wouldnt waste money on it ...

frankly.. it makes a plain old green tree.. variegated.. and that is a plus in my world.. lol

ken

o

I think it is a hackberry and its very very large..im a nut for variegation so I like it I just wondered what it was that caused it

o

Looks like Hackberry island chlorosis virus

Here is a link that might be useful: Hackberry island chlorosis virus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here