Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluuskies99

What is wrong with my tree? I think it's dying.

bluuskies99
10 years ago

Hi. I just wanted to know if any of you have any idea why my tree looks like it does. I mean, I repotted it 3 or 4 wks ago and the only thing I did recently was put it outside, since I never ever do and a wk later it looks 10x worst.
Plus, I had a cheap(dollar store) fertilizer spike in it. So could that do damage?

So then today I thought since I had the soil too packed into the pot, that I should take the soil out and put it back in and make a hole for the tree and gently place soil to cover the roots so that the roots can breathe, I think. I have a theory that since the soil used to be so compacted into the pot like concrete, the roots couldn't breathe and absorb water good because the tree is shriveled up, but no necessarily breaking really bad.

My tree was never outside but for a wk and suffered the most. And as I replanted it, I broke off some of the roots, I don't think that's a good thing. Do I have hope? I will see if I can take it somewhere, but thanks not an option anytime soon. And no I didn't grow it from a seed, my mom got it from somewhere the previous winter. It's a Christmas tree I think because it had blobs on it. It can be a spruce I think.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone