Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help identify this baby tree?

Posted by bdols 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 21:47

I think this is something the prior owner had planted because about 6-12 inches away is a 1" stump, and it has a woody trunk.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help identify this baby tree?

another photo closer to the ground.

I have a 3 year old TX Mountain Laurel that I planted about 5 feet away.. not sure if I want this one around, but it is "down-sun" from the TML

o

compare with the invasive privet

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

I don't know what this is but the plant in the photo has alternate leaves and Privet has opposite.

o

Looks like Sideroxylon lanuginosum. It very commonly sprouts with multiple trunks if the main is severed

Here is a link that might be useful: Tex aggie page

o

yes, that could be it. the leaves are kinda fuzzy underneath. The prior owner may have been bothered by the spikes on the ends of the branches when mowing the lawn, if it was allowed to grow to have a 1" trunk.

I'm intrigued, in any event.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here