Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ullmannj

Hoping to Save My Weeping Cherry Tree

ullmannj
10 years ago

I'm hoping someone here can impart wisdom or share a solution that will save this beautiful tree that sits in front of my house. It was here when we moved in 17 years ago... and has always been pretty and strong until now. I sort of remember seeing the tree look not so good last fall, but didn't think too much of it.

This spring, the tree did not flower nearly as full as it has in the past. And continuing that trend, the leaves on it did not seem to come in on many branches. Now, I can see branches that look completely dead... and leaves that are turning brown already.

The bark on the tree does appear to be "peeling" some, and there are places where some sap-like substances are oozing out. And there are some greenish spots on the tree. I've attached 3 images that hopefully can help.

These were take about a month ago (late May)... when I thought the condition might be simply an adjustment to the loss (removal) of a large oak tree next door that provided a lot of shade.. and that some of this condition was an adjustment to a lot more sun. I don't think its that. This tree looks like its dying now.

Anyone with thoughts or help? (I see
(I will snap a few other photos and share them in the morning.)

Comments (6)