Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weeping willow Tree

Posted by lostsoul62 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 22:04

I planted 2 weeping willow trees 9 foot from my house. I think I might have planted them too close to my house. I think I will have someone dig them up so is there a willow tree I can plant 9 feet from my house?

This post was edited by lostsoul62 on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 22:28

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weeping willow Tree

Yes! Much further away!

o

There are some dainty corkscrew type willows. Kinda neat in an unusual way. If I recall Whaas owns one. They may be more appropriate near a residence.

My neighbor has a weeping willow that is a decade old and probably forty tall by fifty wide. Impressive it is. Strong wooded it is not. Then again if it blows over you can start a new one from a cutting lol. My kid absolutely loves playing under it. Neat tree but it needs some room.

o

How about a weeping cherry tree. Could I plant that 9 feet from the house?

o

The link is just to some random company with a decent website that lists sizes for different cherries.

Any of those I would be comfortable planting. If you pick a full size one in twenty years when it is huge and glorious you may have to cut it down as its hugging your home. The dwarf ones might never be too big. Your decision.

I have some arborvitae close to my house. If the snow does not get them during the next several years I may have to consider removal as they are outgrowing their space. Then again they have provided a decade of usefullness already.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.kinseyfamilyfarm.com/nursery-plants/cherry-trees.html

o

whats the significance of 9 feet??

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here