Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of Cassia tree is this?

Posted by Chiroptera 8a/9a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 23:31

I took this picture today. It looks like a Cassia, but I can't tell which kind. The leaves are narrow and the petals are wrinkled. It's not like a golden shower tree I've seen before.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2q8x6xg.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of Cassia tree is this?-

http://www.mccabesnursery.com/A Flowering Trees/Cassia_Gold_Medallion.htm
Does this look like it? Golden shower/ gold medallion?

Here is a link that might be useful: McCabes Nursery Cassia photo

o
RE: What kind of Cassia tree is this?

I think I am spose to use the scientific lingo

Cassia leptophylla

Gold Medallion Tree

I couldn't really see the wrinkles in the link I sent before, but this is a little closer version and it looks a bit wrinkled.

Here is a link that might be useful: kartuz cassia photo

o

Kayelle,

Can you tell us how you narrowed it down from all the other possibilities (especially without a lot more info than we have here)? I'd even like to know how Chiroptera knows it's a Cassia.

o
RE: What kind of Cassia tree is this???

well to be honest brandon, since you obviously want to pick me apart from our recent posts... I viewed a lot of Cassia images and all of them were very narrow petaled. This one had the width of the petals as her photo. And when I viewed a closer image, I found the wrinkles. However since nobody bothered to acknowledge her post for several days, I thought I would google some images and possibly help her. No fret, you can have your site. I am done. While you find pleasure in harassing newbies, I don't find pleasure in getting slammed every time I post, so it's all yours, I will not be back. Plenty of tree forums out there if I need any info. You can reply for your own pleasure and all the other pros out there, but you will get no pleasure from my reaction because I will not see your post. Obviously you will be looking for me every time to belittle me. weeee weeee me all the way home.

pinky

o

Hmmm, I guess that's for the best, Pinky. You seem overly emotional, and, giving wrong answers without even an explanation or caveat can throw a wrench in the gears.

Obviously, the identification of this tree is still in question. eFloras has a very limited Cassia key (I don't even think C leptophylla was included). The only way to really find out what this tree is, is to have someone very familiar with the species (assuming it's a Cassia) see something familiar, or, getting enough info to work through a Cassia key. Maybe someone can provide such a key, either online or in print.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here