Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Berries on the ground?

Posted by bleumax 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 4, 14 at 9:02

My neighbor's tree is dropping green berries all over my patio. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can clean up the area so that the fruit no longer attracts flies?

Since my patio is made of paver stones, gravel and a small soiled area, I am unable to sweep up all the berries.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Berries on the ground?

leaf blower

o

it might help to know what kind of berries .. i dont know why.. but it might ...

ken

o

I'd like to know what kind of 'green' berries would attract flies, flies are only attracted to ripe fruit and i don't think of any berries who are ripe when green.

o

Thanks. I bought a leaf blower and it worked well.

Not sure what kind of tree it is. The berries look like blackberries, but they are green.

o

mulberry????

white mulberry??

ken

o

I didn't realize there was a white mulberry tree, but that's exactly what it is.

o

in my yard.. i kill hundreds.. if not thousands of seedlings per year ... if you just blew them into the garden beds.. well???

though i presume you would have mentioned or noticed seedlings ...

i was thinking.. you could probably have also used a shop vac ...

ken

o

what do use to kill the seedlings?

i swept and threw away as many as i could.

that's a good idea. i'll have to see if i have something that will vacuum them up without getting all gummed up in the process.

o

Is there any chance that you could have a discussion with the tree's owners? One does not buy a white mulberry........they are pooped out by birds and are a messy, essentially weed tree. I'd go as far as offering to replace it with a nice, young desirable tree from a nursery. (unless he/she decided a Bradford would be a good replacement) Honestly you'd both be ahead with an arrangement like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here