Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bought new house came with fruit trees

Posted by gorangers913 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 9:56

Can anyone help me, we recently purchased a house and apparently every tree in back yard bears fruit, nut I am not sure what fruit and how to harvest.... and is there a way to make a tree barren as to not produce fruit? see picture of one included there 3 of this one (also has a huge seed inside alost like a apple texture with a peach pit), 2 loquats I think, a mandarin orange tree, a lemon or a lime tree, 2 pear trees Asian I believe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bought new house came with fruit trees

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 17:32

Is that a Jujube?

There are local organizations that will come out and pick your fruit and donate it to the needy. That might be a good way to get rid of the fruit while also helping your community.

o

be nice to know where you are..

i thought it was a pear tree ...

better pic???

ken

o

Our apple trees have fruit on them now, if those are apples, you are lucky, they are good sized apples. And look unblemished. They could be something else, though, but if they are apples or pears, they look very good and unblemished, not like my apples, I haven't sprayed mine though, but apparently you haven't. If they aren't apples or pears forget my post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here