Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arjo_reich

Pin Oak Dying/Dropping Leaves...

arjo_reich
16 years ago

First off, sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment, I'll try to get them uploaded tonight...

----

There are a lot of pin oaks growing in my neighborhood of which my lot has four of them in the 40-60 ft. range as a rough guestimate.

In nashville we had a real bad freeze early this spring that killed off all the original buds but the trees all seemed to recover and and a new leaf-set came in shortly thereafter.

Now we've been stricken by drought and my area is about 10-12" below it's normal rainfall. I've been supplimenting watering of the lawn and property up until this last month - our newborn baby is very distracting ;-p

My problem is, while my neighbors trees all look healthy, my trees are all losing their leaves, heavily, to the point where my yard looks like it's closer to halloween than the middle of summer.

They're not falling green either, they're dying up on the stem and falling, if it keeps up, the limbs will probably be bare before the end of August.

I had originally thought it might have been heat stress from the ones closest to the house and pavement, but I have one out in a field near no other trees that is going through the same issues. It also provides a good "control" tree because when I was watering my lawn it never got watered so I don't think my issues has to do with the shock of me ceasing the supplemental watering.

---

I'm really concerned at this point, anyone have any ideas?

Thanx in advance,

Joe

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor