Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree ID please

Posted by tarheel_fan 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 10:16

Just moved here 4 months ago and I'm trying to figure out what kind of tree this is. I also would like to know if it is to big to move to another place in yard. The leaves are forming a pod almost with this green ball inside. Thanks for the help.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree ID please

koelreuteria paniculata or goldenrain tree.

o

Thanks

o

though the link doesnt call it invasive.. it says it does escape...

and you ought to be finding seedlings around the yard ...

now.. move it.. ??

NO.. its a piece of carp.. with that horrible bark included Y ...that looks like it is already festering something..

not to mention it looks improperly planted.. as i see no root flare ...

and i see improper pruning.. where someone left a 3 to 5 in dead part ....

you can do so much better than this tree .... go plant your own mistakes.. rather than in vesting.. in the prior owners problem ...IMHO..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

One of the few times I agree with Ken!

o

Not sure what pics your looking at Ken. The pics I see show a tree with a two inch stub with an easily recognizable line where the stub should be removed.There is no included bark on this branch attachment. If the mulch where removed away from the stem (as it should be ) you will see the root flare beginning to form. This tree is thriving - doubtful if there is any planting errors. At this point in time (3-4''+ caliper), probably best that you hired a tree spade if you need to move it.
40 ' tall, medium to fast growing, lush compound leaves, relatively minor problems, and beautiful 12'' long yellow flower panicles in early summer.
Some like chocolate, some like vanilla.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here