Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dying Pine Tree?

Posted by mwalt2 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 11:17

I have a pine tree that has been turning brown the past 2 years. I have treated it each of the past 2 years with tree tree and shrub protect for fungus, insects, etc. Nothing has seemed to stop the spread. Is there any way to save the tree? It has gotten progressively worse this summer compared to the last couple of years. Thanks for any suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dying Pine Tree?

Is there any way to save the tree?

===>>> no ...

thousands in MI are doing that.. and it isnt worth the cost of trying to fix it..

be done with it ...

enough info at the link.. to make your eyes bleed...

and the one on the right margin.. may be on its way also ....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Thanks for the information. Guess it's time to get the tree removed.

o

My two 50 yr old pine trees have died in an instant. Happened right after we had hail the size of golf balls. Even the huge apple tree is half gone. Driving around the area I see others have lost dozens. Even Deciduous trees have died or no leaves at all. It will be awful if this issue affects others around the area. Drought has been a huge problem in the last few years and they are probably stressed enough to become infected with whatever has happened.

I am curious why this happened so quickly to so many different varieties and if/how the hail may have caused this. The trees looked beautiful one day and the next day look gone. Is there any possibility we will see any new growth next spring? Otherwise firewood will be abundant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here