Return to the Trees Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boca Raton FL Cheesecake Factory zn 10a Tree ID wanted

Posted by bloobeari 10a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 13:55

Hi,

This is a long shot, but if there are any Boca Raton residents on this forum that might know the ID of the trees in the parking lot planted in a row to provide shade for parked cars, I would be much obliged. The trees are smaller (20-25ft) and have a broad canopy. I'm from central FL and did not recognize these trees. Unfortunately I lost the photos I took so I can not provide a visual. The only photo I can provide is a google street view photo. You have to look carefully, but it's the row of trees in front of the row of cars. The best person to help would be a Boca Raton resident who have seem these in person.

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boca Raton FL Cheesecake Factory zn 10a Tree ID wanted

I'm not from FLA, but maybe this will help you. You can get in much closer on Google Street View.

It's not clear to me that these trees are all the same variety. Some seem to be suffering a bit.

o
another view

Are these the trees you mean?

o
about as close as I can get without being there.

Still maybe not enough resolution.

I think you'll need to go back and get a closeup of the leaves.

I might venture a guess of Bucida buceras (Black olive), but hopefully someone from your region will nail it!

o

Those are trimmed up southern live oaks.

o

They don't look like any live oaks I've ever seen anywhere, trimmed up or not.

o

You might also post in 'Name That Plant' forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on there. Many from warm climates.

o

It could very well could be Bucida. That tree is heavily used in south Florida parking lots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trees Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here